On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 5:19 AM <4nu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Yes they enabled according to the guide. I forgot to tell. sorry!
>
> With the policy i found out that i need the arm-packages. Thats because i
> want to run it on raspberry pi.
>
>  500 http://apt.puppetlabs.com/ jessie/PC1 *armhf* Packages
>      release o=Puppetlabs,a=jessie,n=jessie,l=Puppetlabs,c=PC1
>      origin apt.puppetlabs.com
>
> Do you know how to get this stuff via sources?

Ah, that's the issue then. We don't compile or provide sources for ARM,
unfortunately. For more information about that, check out
https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/CPR-108. We also don't provide
sources for the puppet-agent package. You can see some discussion on that
at https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/CPR-191.

We have made the automation we use to build the puppet-agent package open
source. The two repos you'll want for building puppet-agent are
https://github.com/puppetlabs/vanagon and
https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet-agent.

I hope that helps!

> Thanks!
>
> On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 12:22:32 AM UTC+1, Melissa Stone wrote:
>
>> Hi Friedhelm,
>>
>> Have you enabled the PC1 repos?
>>
>> I can't tell what repos you have enabled or where you got the
>> puppetserver packages you're using, but you'll have to enable the PC1
>> jessie repo to access puppet-agent.
>>
>> https://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/puppetlabs_package_repositories.html has
>> a lot more information on that.
>>
>> As a summary, you'll want to run:
>>
>> wget http://apt.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs-release-pc1-jessie.deb ; dpkg
>> -i puppetlabs-release-pc1-jessie.deb ; apt-get update
>>

>> You can do a check to make sure you have the puppetlabs PC1 repo enabled
>> by running `apt-cache policy`. You'll get a bunch of output, but the piece
>> you want to make sure is there should be:
>>
>>  500 http://apt.puppetlabs.com/ jessie/PC1 amd64 Packages
>>      release o=Puppetlabs,a=jessie,n=jessie,l=Puppetlabs,c=PC1
>>      origin apt.puppetlabs.com
>>
>> Once you've verified you have the PC1 repo enabled, apt-get install
>> puppet-agent should just work.
>>
>> I hope that helps!
>>
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 3:52 PM <4nu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
> Hi!
>>>
>>> I have the same problem. But puppet-agent is not available.
>>>
>>> apt-get -y install puppetserver

>>> Reading package lists... Done
>>> Building dependency tree
>>> Reading state information... Done
>>> Package puppet-agent is not available, but is referred to by another
>>> package.
>>> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
>>> is only available from another source
>>>
>>> *# uname -a*
>>> Linux puppet 4.1.19+ #858 Tue Mar 15 15:52:03 GMT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux
>>>
>>> *cat /etc/os-release*
>>> PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)"
>>> NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
>>> VERSION_ID="8"
>>> VERSION="8 (jessie)"
>>> ID=raspbian