Am Donnerstag, 24. März 2016 14:31:01 UTC+1 schrieb jcbollinger:

> On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 4:16:17 AM UTC-5, Thomas Müller wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Does Puppet Enterprise support running puppet agent selinux confined?
>>
>> Seems at least EL6 and EL7 provide types but it seems pe-agent is not
>> using them as they are started in initrc_t (EL6) or unconfined_service_t
>> (EL7).
>>
>> I can't find documentation about this topic on docs.puppetlabs.com .
>>
>> The problem with selinux policy enforced is (at least on EL6), that it
>> has some AVC logged when puppet tries to manage confined services (like
>> sshd) as puppet causes tmp-files created with wrong context (initrc_tmp_t
>> instead of puppet_tmp_t).
>>

> I am uncertain whether PE provides a knob by which you can cause agents to
> run constrained, but of course there's nothing inherently preventing you
> from making that happen one way or another.  But what policy will you then
> enforce?

it's not about enforcing a policy on puppet. its about the interaction of
other services running confined. If puppet runs in initrc_t it will create
some files with contexts not accessible by confined services. whereas if
the process runs as puppet_t it has already lots of access rules defined.

- Thomas