Hi,

On 31 Mar 2016, at 16:38, Jakov Sosic <jso...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have a `test.pp` manifest that looks like:
>

> ```
> define basket($arg) {
>  file { "/tmp/$name":
>    ensure  => present,
>    content => $arg,
>  }
> }
>
> foobar = {
>  'fruit' => { arg => 'apple' },
>  'berry' => { arg => 'watermelon' }
> }
>
> @basket[$foobar]
>
> realize( Basket[fruit] )
> realize( Basket[berry] )
> ```
>

> When I run `puppet apply test.pp`, this is what I get:
>
> Error: Could not parse for environment production: Virtual (@) can only be
> applied to a Resource Expression at /tmp/pero.pp:16:1 on node workstation

You are passing a Hash as an parameter to a define.
Inside the define you expect the parameter to be of type String - according to
what you do in the define.

You need to take care of splitting data accordingly in your define:
With Puppet 4 this is very easy to achieve:

define basket (
  Hash $arg,
){
  $arg.each |String $key, Hash $value| {