Hi everyone,

We have been using Puppet to manage Windows workstations at work and it has
been able to manage most of our machines' configurations smoothly. However,
I stumbled upon a problem when trying to reset the password for a local
user. The problem is that Puppet is resetting the password every time it
runs. Is there a way to avoid that?

The manifest I am writing is very simple, and this problem occurrs even
when I try to specify the password in plain-text inside the manifest
(actually, from what I read Puppet isn't able to reset Windows passwords
using a hash yet). The manifest I am writing looks like this:

    user { 'Administrator':
        ensure => 'present',
        password => 'newpassword'
    }

Do you guys have any idea about what may be causing Puppet to reset the
password every time it is executed?

Thanks,

Douglas