Some of us (and I seem to be really good at this) run into edge cases that
others often do not. The information is then stored in some obscure Jira
ticket, GitHub issue, or just in someone's head. When the next person runs
into the same corner case, if they're lucky, they'll stumble onto an error
message that is in the previous ticket/issue and find the answer. However,
in many cases, that user will end up not finding the issue, or not seeing
the relation between that issue and the user's situation.

If you had a preference for where you would expect to find corner cases
documented, what would that be? I'll suggest a few common places to start:

A) Jira tickets at https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse (e.g.
https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-6106)
B) Github issues on the project (e.g.
https://github.com/rodjek/rspec-puppet/issues/377)
C) As an addendum on the closest-related official documentation (e.g. the
very last paragraph at
https://docs.puppet.com/hiera/1/lookup_types.html#example)

Please write in any other locations you would look for it. I'm very
interested in making sure that others don't feel the same pains I do, so
want to be sure to get the most eyes I can on documentation.

Thanks,

Rob Nelson