On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 4:34 PM, <o...@soluto.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
> We need to manage many keys in Hiera. Since many people should be able to
> edit the keys and in order to avoid a complete mess I was thinking to work
> with many different files. The problem is that I don't know how to make
> Hiera read from new files. I don't want to add each file to the hierarchy
> explicitly.
> Optimally I would add something like that
> /etc/puppetlabs/code/enironments/%{::environment}/hieradata/delegated/*
>
> and Hiera will just read from all files that are under the
> delegated

You could use Jerakia to do this (it can also be configured as a regular
hiera backend).  It supports fragments so if your hierarchy contains
"/delegated" then the presence of a directory called "delegated.d" will
automatically get checked and if present any files within it are
concatenated together along with delegated.yaml and returned as one YAML
document.....  see the "Fragments" documentation in
http://jerakia.io/datasources/file/