Problem is that if you don't have a way of limiting where sudo entries can
be made, someone can create a new module and grant themselves full sudo
rights there for a large number of systems. When in a large enterprise such
as ours, there are modules that are created and maintained by teams outside
of the main teams that maintain the bulk of the puppet code.

I think one possibility we are looking in to is using Teamcity (could also
be done with Jenkins) to check that sudo calls aren't made outside of our
protected sudo module.