On 30/05/16 19:45, Rob Nelson wrote:
I would be willing to bet '/' is somewhat special and may be the
problem. I've never actually tried to manage the root of the FS directly
and I think the need to may indicate some more significant issues than
puppet should be handling.

Yes, known problem.
See https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-1796

You could also look at pl_training/dirtree, which lets you manage a
single directory and it will create intermediate directories as needed
with the same owner/group/mode.

That may work around the problem in PUP-1796.

- henrik

--

Visit my Blog "Puppet on the Edge"
http://puppet-on-the-edge.blogspot.se/