Greetings All,

I decided to try and implement the puppetlabs-puppetdb and
puppetlabs-postgres modules after I had both puppetdb and postgres
installed and working on my puppet server.  This was ill advised as it
broke my working setup and no amount of re-configuring seems to be able to
get things working again.

I finally pulled the manifest that "describes" my configuration, but now I
cannot seem to get puppetdb working at all.  My clients are giving me these
kind of errors:

    Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on
SERVER: Failed to execute
'/pdb/cmd/v1?checksum=2b3883d84fd2c7f9899bd6280247edbccc31cf15&version=4&certname=it-lnx-01.myhost.com&command=replace_facts'

on at least 1 of the following 'server_urls':
https://puppetmaster.myhost.com:8081
    Warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
    Error: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

I have crawled through  the puppet docs to try and fix my configurations,
but I can't seem to get things operating properly.

It seemed pretty clear that I did not need to configure the SSL portion of
puppetdb, but these errors seem to be flying the the face of what I read.

Do I need to configure SSL for puppetdb to get it to work?  and  What's my
best chance of getting things working again.  Start from scratch, or am I
just overlooking something from my configs.?

Thanks,
  jdehn...@gmail.com