> From: puppet-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:puppet-
> us...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Peter Bukowinski
>
> Fortunately, facter has separate facts for most items in the os fact hash.
> Keep in mind you can see all the facts available to your client by running
> ‘sudo facter -p’

Thanks. That was very helpful.  :-)

> The easiest way to install files into a particular user’s home directory (if
> the
> path to that directory is consistent across all your machines) is to create a
> package that does it for you. Then you can use puppet to ensure that the
> package is installed without it having to worry about the particulars.

Hmmm... If the directory is consistent across all the machines, I can just
hard-code the path into puppet. For now, that's what I've done, but I look
forward to learning a better way (or look forward to upgrading our environment,
so I can hopefully use $facts in the future. But I'm not entirely sure $facts
would contain the info I want anyway).

Thanks for your help.