On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Bret Wortman <b...@thewortmans.org> wrote:

> Yep, it's not finding the pidfile because the init script is looking in
> /var/run/puppet/agent.pid and the daemon is putting it at
> /var/lib/puppet/run/agent.pid. So for now I'm going to modify the init
> script wherever we are having this problem.

We saw this issue when we performed an upgrade and the puppet.conf file's
rundir was different than where the services file was looking for the .pid
file. The recommendation was to remove the rundir setting from puppet.conf,
as the default location was the same as what the service file expected,
rather than to hardcode it to the correct value, in case it changed in the
future.

Rob Nelson
rnels...@gmail.com