While trying to figure out the reduce function with notice/notify I happened
across this thing. It looks like an unquoted array in the notify resource's
message only appears as its first array item. Not sure if it's a bug.

I couldn't find any documentation to say if this was intended and I couldn't
really tell what the type was doing with the self.should bit. I am not actually
a programmer.

$ cat /tmp/xx.pp
$array = ["one", "two", "three"]

notify { 'notify one':
  message => "${array}",
}

notify { 'notify two':
  message => $array,
}

With puppet 3 I see this:

$ puppet --version
3.8.7
$ puppet apply /tmp/xx.pp
Fact file /etc/facter/facts.d/monit_fail_count was parsed but returned an empty
data set
Fact file /etc/facter/facts.d/monit_fail_count was parsed but returned an empty
data set
Notice: Compiled catalog for mail82c40.carrierzone.com in environment
production in 0.03 seconds
Notice: one
Notice: /Stage[main]/Main/Notify[notify two]/message: defined 'message' as 'one'
Notice: onetwothree
Notice: /Stage[main]/Main/Notify[notify one]/message: defined 'message' as
'onetwothree'
Notice: Finished catalog run in 0.05 seconds

With puppet 4 I see this:

$ puppet --version
4.6.2
$ puppet apply /tmp/xx.pp
Notice: Compiled catalog for cwl.hostopia.com in environment production in 0.09
seconds
Notice: [one, two, three]
Notice: /Stage[main]/Main/Notify[notify one]/message: defined 'message' as
'[one, two, three]'
Notice: one
Notice: /Stage[main]/Main/Notify[notify two]/message: defined 'message' as 'one'
Notice: Applied catalog in 0.11 seconds