I'm using puppetdb-4.0.0-1.el7 (open source) and over time the ActiveMQ
part of it has been saving a bunch of logs
under /opt/puppetlabs/server/data/puppetdb/mq, and there does not appear to
be any built-in log rotation, at least in the version I am using. After
using this puppetdb a couple months, this is the sizing I observe:

   - 6.5GB = /opt/puppetlabs/server/data/puppetdb/mq/localhost/scheduler
   - 2GB = /opt/puppetlabs/server/data/puppetdb/mq/discard

The only solution I found online is
this: https://docs.puppet.com/puppetdb/4.2/trouble_kahadb_corruption.html.
The workaround there is to rename the mq directory and restart puppetdb,
but it is intended as a troubleshoot, and I am seeking to save disk space
and avoid regular puppetdb restarts.

What files are safe to delete? Is this still a problem if I upgrade to
puppetdb 4.2?