I recently found onceover which has a rake task to generate the fixtures,
https://github.com/dylanratcliffe/onceover#generate_fixtures, which has
some advantages over my tool currently. I think I will reach out to Dylan
to see if that can be abstracted out, as onceover may be a little
heavyweight if you only want that one function. (It's possible you could
add the gen to your Gemfile and use the rake task without conflicting with
your existing setup, but I haven't tried that yet.)

On Wednesday, November 2, 2016, David Schmitt <david.schm...@puppet.com>
wrote:

> https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs_spec_helper/pull/107 and
> https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs_spec_helper/pull/109 have
> partial solutions, but never moved forward yet.
> https://github.com/rnelson0/puppet-generate-puppetfile is another partial
> solution.
>

> d.
>
> On 2 November 2016 at 16:41, Stephen Nesbitt <nesbittmeis...@gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','nesbittmeis...@gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
>> Garrett - Thanks for the heads up!
>>
>> David - thanks for the comment!
>>
>> I will note that I am now maintaining dependency information in 3
>> locations - Puppetfile, metdata.json and .fixtures, Guess what is going to
>> happen at some point ;-)
>>
>> Maybe I'm not aware of something, but there really should be a single
>> canonical source of dependency requirements.
>>
>> -steve

>>> That really depends on the amount of time and the cadence people are
>>> willing to invest in staying up-to-date. Shops with strict version
>>> requirements and a waterfall-y workflow really should do that. Others with
>>> a more fluid/agile/pipeline-oriented workflow are much better suited to
>>> address upcomping changes when they happen, instead of batching it up.
>>>
>>> Cheers, D.
>>>

>> --
>> .
>> gid/puppet-users/8df9baef-ea18-4b1f-80f1-184a98566e49%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/8df9baef-ea18-4b1f-80f1-184a98566e49%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

> .
> msgid/puppet-users/CALF7fHY64QLggrRh%3DcHm-6kfFZSYoEQE%2BdyeK-
> XUucQs9zgYzQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/CALF7fHY64QLggrRh%3DcHm-6kfFZSYoEQE%2BdyeK-XUucQs9zgYzQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Rob Nelson