I am digging around the forge and there are a few modules managing networking
via ifupdown/net-tools/initscripts. I haven't yet found any types/providers
using iproute2 (/sbin/ip). Do any of you know of such a module if it exists?

As background, I'm staring at a horrifying set of hardware-specific exec
resources using exotic bits of "ip link add" and "ip address add" to do things
with data derived from a combination of hiera data and a host's current eth0
ip. There has to be a better way of doing this but I was under great time
pressure the first time.