This will work but I would caution against it. Only recently has per
environment segregation been implemented and there are still some issues
present (I believe most fixes showed up in 4.8.0 but not sure). You don't
want the same module at two different versions for each group being mixed
and matched improperly. But, it's a judgement call if that's more worrisome
than an extra PE master.

Rob Nelson