Hi,

This seems like a pretty simple thing but I can't figure out why this is
throwing a warning.

I'm using puppet 4.8.1 installed from the puppetlabs-pc1 on scientific
linux 6.

# puppet -V
4.8.1
# rpm -q puppet-agent
puppet-agent-1.8.2-1.el6.x86_64

My file is as simple as I can make it:

    file {'/test':
        ensure => directory,
        alias => 'abc',
    }

    file {'/test/2':
        ensure => directory,
        require => File['abc'],
    }

When I run it, it complains:

# puppet apply test.pp
Warning: Could not find resource 'File[abc]' in parameter 'require'
   (at /root/test.pp:8)
Notice: Compiled catalog for sl-x86-64.local in environment production in
0.10 seconds
Notice: /Stage[main]/Main/File[/test]/ensure: created
Notice: /Stage[main]/Main/File[/test/2]/ensure: created
Notice: Applied catalog in 0.04 seconds

Though it seems to apply the resources in the correct order (I haven't had
it fail trying to create /test/2 before /test).

Any info or ideas would be great.

Cheers,
Chris.