I'm still thinking about a lot of this but one thing that I will ask is
that you don't drop the actual compiled catalog (in whatever form).

One of the reasons that Puppet is good for compliance focused architectures
is based on the fact that I can easily hook it to validate input on the fly

https://github.com/simp/pupmod-simp-compliance_markup

Thanks,

Trevor

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 12:23 PM, David Schmitt <david.schm...@puppet.com>
wrote:

> On 3 February 2017 at 11:12, Martin Alfke <tux...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> many thanks for sharing your ideas.
>>
>> As you already know: personally I don’t say that types and providers are
>> way to difficult.
>> It is more a matter on how to explain them.
>> I will dig through your document during weekend. We can have a chat on
>> Monday in Ghent.
>>
>> But besides this:
>> is your idea somehow related to the libral project?
>> https://github.com/puppetlabs/libral
>>

>>   * It maps 1:1 to the capabilities of PCore, and is similar to the
>> libral interface description (see [libral#1](https://github.com/
>> puppetlabs/libral/pull/2)). This ensures future interoperability between
>> the different parts of the ecosystem.
>>

> libral is a neighbouring project, with its own set of distinct design
> goals. Staying bidirectionally compatible is a necessary requisite for this
> proposal here. (Which can be handled on both sides, depending on a wide
> variety of things).
>
> Cheers, David

> msgid/puppet-dev/CALF7fHb9b7HknTGrhMbu5213kpMX3
> rHg-nwiOKr2jvcqnzTh-Q%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-dev/CALF7fHb9b7HknTGrhMbu5213kpMX3rHg-nwiOKr2jvcqnzTh-Q%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Trevor Vaughan