Hello Dimitri,
Hopefully someone on this list can help you with Puppet Dashboard,
unfortunately I am not that person.

That said, today if I were to choose a Web UI for reporting or as ENC, I
personally would not use puppet dashboard.  I would like to be proven
wrong, but based on a quick search of this list's archives, it appears that
many people that  have moved away from it and on to other Web UIs. Looking
at it's github repo's [1] activity, it looks like there are long standing
pull requests and open issues with it. In fact the book's author has two
open PRs from about 18 months ago. It makes me sad, and I wish that Puppet
Dashboard had a lively & responsive community of users/contributors because
I was at PuppetConf 2013 and sat in on the presentation from @sodabrew
where he expressed his intent to keep it going.

You might be better served by using the alternatives as explained in the
book, perhaps PuppetDB together with puppetboard[2].

[1] https://github.com/sodabrew/puppet-dashboard
[2] https://github.com/voxpupuli/puppetboard

As an aside, I like many parts of the book. The author has done good job of
the difficult task of distilling the vibrant puppet ecosystem and tooling
into a comprehensive book. However, I find it a bit odd in that a book
about learning puppet 4 that says: "PuppetDB is a full-featured product
worthy of its own book. At this time, the best available documentation can
be found at 'PuppetDB Overview' on the Puppet docs site." - p109; basically
glosses over PuppetDB when PuppetDB brings a whole lot to the table.

Regards,
James