Hi Rob, I am not quite (personally/professionally) ready for Hiera yet.  I
also need to learn more about ERB templates; which I did a little research
on about 2 hours ago.

Honestly, what you provided above to me, because I am not ready/fully
understanding yet, has no context for me to implement your idea.  Which, if
I did, I would gracefully accept your input and get it done.  :-/

Thanks for this suggestion.  I simply am not there yet.

Sincerely, thank you.

Warron French