Hi,

I  was (up to now) mirroring the puppetlabs repositories to both :

-          Make sure I have a local copy in case your repos are down, or our
internet link is too weak

-          Not hammer on your infrastructure with our servers

Unfortunately, we just noticed our mirroring suddenly got broken just after
your changes.
We use lftp, but I just tried with a recursive wget and see the same issue,
depending on the max depth I ask.

What I see after a simple wget –r –l1 yum.puppetlabs.com is this :

# ll yum.puppetlabs.com/el/6Server/
total 28
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1635 Jun 28 20:01 dependencies
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1603 Jun 28 20:01 devel
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1832 Jun 28 20:01 index_by_lastModified.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1824 Jun 28 20:01 index_by_name_reverse.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1832 Jun 28 20:01 index_by_size.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1592 Jun 28 20:01 PC1
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1618 Jun 28 20:01 products

Symlinks or directories now are files, and those are html files with relative
hrefs to the corresponding files/directories

Is there a « now recommended » way of mirroring the repos ?
(I’ve tried the lftp –dereference option to no avail…)

I see rsync is still sort of supported, but I have the impression you would
prefer that we use your new CDN (hence, get the files through cloudfront using
http …)

Thanks && regards
Frederic Schaer