Hi,

I'm using puppet agent 1.7.0. I'm trying to update the Startup Type and
Status of "Windows Update" service as Manual and Stopped respectively in
the host machines.
To do so, I'm using the following resource type.

    service { 'WindowsUpdate':
     name       => 'wuauserv',
     ensure     => 'false',
     enable     => 'manual'
    }

Even, I've used the following resource type to do so.

    exec { 'Windows_Update':
      path  => 'C:/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0',
      command => 'powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -command "
Set-Service wuauserv -startuptype "manual" -status "Stopped"',
      logoutput => 'on_failure',
      require => [ File['C:/PuppetSWT/windows_update_service.ps1'] ],
    }

But, on execution "puppet agent -t" in the agent machine, the Startup Type
and Status of "Windows Update" service is changed to "Disable" and
"Stopped".

Then, I disabled the above catalog for that agent machine and manually
changed service Startup Type to "Manual" but, on execution of "puppet agent
-t" it's changing to "Disable" again.

I don't have a clue why this is happening so. Can anybody help on this?

Thanks,
Amrit