Depending on what the trocla library does, it could be leaking objects
to the java layer, in which case tuning the max-requests-per-instance
down would not help. In general, the best way to find leaks like you
are talking about is described here:
https://puppet.com/blog/puppet-server-advanced-memory-debugging and
involves taking some heap dumps and investigating what changes between
dumps to see what is leaking.