Hello Rob

Thanks for that information. *lein uberjar *worked. But it built a jar that
does not contain every library necessary to run PuppetDB.

Some, truncated, output from lein ...
puppetserver test depdency unconfigured (ignoring)
-- blah blah blah ---
Warning: The Main-Class specified does not exist within the jar. It may not
be executable as expected. A gen-class directive may be missing in the
namespace which contains the main method, or the namespace has not been
AOT-compiled.
Created /home/simont/puppetdb/target/puppetdb-5.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
Warning: The Main-Class specified does not exist within the jar. It may not
be executable as expected. A gen-class directive may be missing in the
namespace which contains the main method, or the namespace has not been
AOT-compiled.
Created /home/simont/puppetdb/target/test/puppetdb-5.3.0-SNAPSHOT-test.jar
Created /home/simont/puppetdb/target/puppetdb.jar

I haven't got a config file yet but this is what happens when I run
PuppetDB ...
java -cp target/puppetdb.jar clojure.main -m
puppetlabs.puppetdb.core.services
Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not locate
puppetlabs/puppetdb/core/services__init.class or
puppetlabs/puppetdb/core/services.clj on classpath.
at clojure.lang.RT.load(RT.java:463)
at clojure.lang.RT.load(RT.java:426)
at clojure.core$load$fn__6548.invoke(core.clj:6046)
at clojure.core$load.invokeStatic(core.clj:6045)
at clojure.core$load.doInvoke(core.clj:6029)
at clojure.lang.RestFn.invoke(RestFn.java:408)
at clojure.core$load_one.invokeStatic(core.clj:5848)
at clojure.core$load_one.invoke(core.clj:5843)
at clojure.core$load_lib$fn__6493.invoke(core.clj:5888)
at clojure.core$load_lib.invokeStatic(core.clj:5887)
at clojure.core$load_lib.doInvoke(core.clj:5868)
at clojure.lang.RestFn.applyTo(RestFn.java:142)
at clojure.core$apply.invokeStatic(core.clj:659)
at clojure.core$load_libs.invokeStatic(core.clj:5925)
at clojure.core$load_libs.doInvoke(core.clj:5909)
at clojure.lang.RestFn.applyTo(RestFn.java:137)
at clojure.core$apply.invokeStatic(core.clj:659)
at clojure.core$require.invokeStatic(core.clj:5947)
at clojure.main$main_opt.invokeStatic(main.clj:317)
at clojure.main$main_opt.invoke(main.clj:313)
at clojure.main$main.invokeStatic(main.clj:424)
at clojure.main$main.doInvoke(main.clj:387)
at clojure.lang.RestFn.applyTo(RestFn.java:137)
at clojure.lang.Var.applyTo(Var.java:702)
at clojure.main.main(main.java:37)

And inspecting the jar ....

jar -tf target/puppetdb.jar  | grep core | grep services
puppetlabs/trapperkeeper/services/status/status_core.clj
puppetlabs/trapperkeeper/services/watcher/filesystem_watch_core.clj
puppetlabs/trapperkeeper/services/metrics/metrics_core.clj
puppetlabs/trapperkeeper/services/webrouting/webrouting_service_core.clj
puppetlabs/trapperkeeper/services/webserver/jetty9_core.clj
puppetlabs/trapperkeeper/services/scheduler/scheduler_core.clj
META-INF/services/com.fasterxml.jackson.core.ObjectCodec
META-INF/services/com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonFactory

This file does exist in the jar however, *puppetlabs/puppetdb/core.clj*.

Simon