Hi all,

We're pleased to announce that version 1.4.2 of the Resource API is being
released today.

The Resource API provides a simple way to create new native resources in
the form of types and providers for Puppet. Using a little bit of ruby, you
can finally get rid of that brittle exec, or manage that one API that
eluded you until now.

It is provided as a Ruby gem to be referenced within modules. Support for
it has been included as an experimental feature in the Puppet Development
Kit (see pdk new provider --help). Use the resource_api module
<https://forge.puppet.com/puppetlabs/resource_api> or the puppet 6 nightly
packages
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/N3LJGhsrqkU/TUEsq7VfDQAJ> to
deploy it in your infrastructure.

The new release of the Resource API following notable bugfix:

   - Allow an attribute with default boolean value to be set correctly #110
   <https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet-resource_api/pull/110> (da-ar
   <https://github.com/da-ar>)

See the CHANGELOG
<https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet-resource_api/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md>
for a full list of changes.

We encourage all module developers to review the Resource API and use it
when creating types and providers. The README
<https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet-resource_api/blob/master/README.md>
gets you going quickly. To see some example code see this simple Philips
Hue type <https://github.com/da-ar/hue_rsapi> or this experimental apt_key
provider
<https://github.com/DavidS/puppetlabs-apt/blob/resource-api-experiments/lib/puppet/provider/apt_key2/apt_key2.rb>
.

Please let us know of your experiences with the Resource API, either here,
on Slack <https://slack.puppet.com/> (#forge-modules), or on the github repo
<https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet-resource_api>.

Thanks, the other David
--