> On 30. Nov 2018, at 16:35, Kay Nettle <p...@cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
>
> I updated the puppetserver on a bionic machine to 6.0.2-1bionic and I
> can no longer sign certs. I get this error:
>
> Error:
>    code: 403
>    body: Forbidden request: /puppet-ca/v1/certificate_statuses/any_key
> (method :get). Please see the server logs for details.

With Puppet 6 the certificate management was moved from Puppet agent to puppet
server.
Within Puppetserver the ca management is available via an API call.
When upgrading, you must add your puppetmaster certname to the allow section.
see: https://www.example42.com/2018/10/08/puppet6-ca-upgrading/

hth,
Martin