hello,

As you might be aware from messages posted here Puppet Inc have deprecated
MCollective and it is no longer included in Puppet 6.

For the last 2 years I have been working on a project called The Choria
Orchestrator that provided an easy to use MCollective build as well as a number
of additional features and related projects.

We have today released the first release that supports Puppet 6 and I thought
I'd send a update to the Puppet Users list as it's of specific interest.

This release provides a compatible service that supports most of your old
MCollective code under a much lighter weight server and broker setup.
Personally I operate a Choria network of several 100 000 nodes around the
globe, the Choria technology is much more salable and performant than
MCollective ever was and it's worth a look if you are a MCollective user. A
single $40 / month linode can support 10s of thousands of nodes.

Further information about the project can be found on the https://choria.io
website.  We have a #choria channel on the Puppet Slack and always happy to
hear from you.

A note about the MCollective code, Puppet Inc have donated the legacy code to
the Choria Project and we are using this to provide a compatibility layer. To
have a nice clean break we are preserving archived versions of everything in a
dedicated GitHub project @ https://github.com/choria-legacy. Thanks a lot to
the folks at Puppet Inc who worked hard to get this done.

--
R.I.Pienaar / www.devco.net / @ripienaar