Hi Bram,

We are in the process of retiring puppet-client-tools entirely. Shipping
puppet-client-tools was significant overhead for a package that only
contained the PuppetDB CLI. Also, in an effort to limit the number of
languages we develop in, we have rewritten the PuppetDB CLI in Ruby and
released it as a gem.

On a machine running puppet 6 I recommend installing the PuppetDB CLI via
one of the following commands (depending on which scope you've installed
Puppet in), and ensure whichever path you use for --bindir is also added to
your shell's PATH.

For Puppet installed in its system location
gem install --bindir /opt/puppetlabs/bin puppetdb_cli

For Puppet installed for the current user
gem install --bindir ~/.puppetlabs/bin puppetdb_cli

If the machine is not managed by Puppet, it is also possible to install to
your default Ruby bindir (by omitting the --bindir option entirely) and use
via the puppet-query and puppet-db commands directly.
gem install puppetdb_cli

The documentation for installing puppet-client-tools will be updated
shortly with the new gem installation steps. If you have any problems with
the new PuppetDB CLI please file a PDB ticket in Jira
<https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/> so we can get it fixed.

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 2:54 PM Bram Vogelaar <b...@attachmentgenie.com>
wrote:

> hello Molly
>
> have there been any developments with regards to (re-) publishing a puppet
> 6 compatible version of this package?
>
> Bram
>
> On Fri, 5 Apr 2019 at 00:17, Molly Waggett <molly.wagg...@puppet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey folks!
>>
>> Unfortunately we've had to pull the puppet-client-tools packages from the
>> puppet6 package repositories. These packages were built against puppet5 and
>> are therefore incompatible with the version of OpenSSL used in puppet6.
>>
>> We will republish puppet6-compatible packages soon.
>>
>> Thanks for your understanding!
>>
>> --
>> *Molly Waggett*
>> she/her/hers