Christopher Wood wrote:

> Top post, I'm not skilled enough to read this hence not sure where I'd
> interject. You may be better off using simpler constructs so that
> people with a wider variety of skill levels in your organization can
> contribute.
>
> What problems are you encountering where describing state is not
> sufficient to correctly configure a host?

I need to put "/var/amavis" into a configuration file (only) if amavisd
is installed. So I'm either looking for a way to do a lookup with
wildcards

$roleClasses = lookup({"name" => "role_details.*.*.classes", "merge" =>
"deep", "default_value" => undef})
[...]
<% if !empty(grep($roleClasses, "amavisd")) { -%>

or to pass tags to an epp template:

<% if tagged("amavisd") %>

If I put "/var/amavis" into this configuration file and amavisd is not
installed it throws an error.