Hi Team,

I am having a legacy setup with the below config

cat /etc/redhat-release

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.11 (Tikanga)

puppet --version
3.7.1

rpm -qi puppet-server-3.7.1-1.el5
Name        : puppet-server                Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 3.7.1                             Vendor: Puppet Labs
Release     : 1.el5                         Build Date: Mon 15 Sep 2014
01:34:16 PM PDT
Install Date: Tue 16 Sep 2014 09:49:08 PM PDT      Build Host:
powell.delivery.puppetlabs.net
Group       : System Environment/Base       Source RPM:
puppet-3.7.1-1.el5.src.rpm
Size        : 10470                            License: ASL 2.0
Signature   : RSA/SHA1, Mon 15 Sep 2014 03:19:55 PM PDT, Key ID
1054b7a24bd6ec30
----

My puppet master stops abruptly with out logging ANYTHING in
/var/log/messages.

# service puppetmaster status
puppet dead but pid file exists

# puppet agent --configprint pidfile
/var/run/puppet/agent.pid

# puppet master --configprint pidfile
/var/run/puppet/master.pid
# /usr/bin/puppet master --configprint rundir
/var/run/puppet

# netstat -tunlp | grep 8139

I am unable to identify the cause , if i restart the puppetmaster service ,
it will start running in without any problems , but after sometime ( mostly
in two to three hours) I can find it as stopped .

Where should i start ? Is there a way to enable debug logs for  puppet
master ?

I see the server Resource utilisation is always under control .. any
pointers would be appreciated ,

Thanks everyone
Mathew