Hello everyone,

’m currently learning about Puppet and I can’t see where is the error in my
configuration…

I tested The following module to manage the CentOS firewall, firewalld.

Ok, following the instructions in the webpage:
https://forge.puppet.com/crayfishx/firewalld

I installed themodule on the server (without special configuration)

I included the following configuration on my node :

*[root@srv-eldpupet-02 manifests]# cat site.pp*

*node 'centos7-dev01.xxxx.local' { # Applies only to mentioned node; if
nothing mentioned, applies to all.*

*include snmp*

*include firewalld*

*firewalld_service { 'Close dhcpv6-client':*

*  ensure  => 'absent',*

*  service => 'dhcpv6-client',*

*  zone    => 'public',*

*}*

*[root@srv-eldpupet-02 manifests]#*

This configuration works correctly, the snmp service/package and the
firewalld service/package are installed.

And the service « dhcpv6-client is deactivated correctly, so the
firewalld_service function correctly.

Now, following the documentation, if I try to use the « firewall_port »
instruction, I have the following error on the client and the configuration
defined for firewalld_port is not applied :

è *Don’t work !!!*

*firewalld_port { 'Open port 161 in the public zone':*

*  ensure   => 'present',*

*  zone     => 'public',*

*  port     => '161',*

*  protocol => 'tcp',*

*}*

è (Ffor opening the port dedicated to snmp…)

With this configuration, I have the following error on my client :

*[root@centos7-dev01 ~]# puppet agent -tv*

*Info: Using configured environment 'production'*

*Info: Retrieving pluginfacts*

*Info: Retrieving plugin*

*Info: Retrieving locales*

*Info: Loading facts*

*Info: Caching catalog for centos7-dev01.eldora.local*

*Info: Applying configuration version '1566830315'*

*/opt/puppetlabs/puppet/cache/lib/puppet/type/firewalld_zone.rb:148:
warning: key :port is duplicated and overwritten on line 150*

*Info: Redefining firewalld_service in Puppet::Type*

*Info: Redefining firewalld_port in Puppet::Type*

*Error: Execution of '/usr/bin/firewall-cmd --permanent --zone public
--add-port /' returned 102: Error: INVALID_PORT*

*Error:
/Stage[main]/Main/Node[centos7-dev01.eldora.local]/Firewalld_port[Open port
161 in the public zone]/ensure: change from 'absent' to 'present' failed:
Execution of '/usr/bin/firewall-cmd --permanent --zone public --add-port /'
returned 102: Error: INVALID_PORT*

*Notice: /Stage[main]/Firewalld/Exec[firewalld::reload]: Dependency
Firewalld_port[Open port 161 in the public zone] has failures: true*

*Warning: /Stage[main]/Firewalld/Exec[firewalld::reload]: Skipping because
of failed dependencies*

*Notice: Applied catalog in 1.85 seconds*

*[root@centos7-dev01 ~]#*

When the « *firewalld_service »* instruction works without more
configuration, the « firewall_port » instruction fail due to « failed
dependencies »…

I’m sure this is a newbie question… but I don’t find any documentation
about that error !

When I try to open the port by command line, no problem:

*[root@centos7-dev01 ~]# firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=161/udp
--permanent*

*success*

*[root@centos7-dev01 ~]# firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=161/tcp
--permanent*

*success*

*[root@centos7-dev01 ~]#*

Is there something to configure in the module itself before using
« firewalld_port » instruction ?

By advance, thanks for your help and have a nice day !

Jean