I run an opensource Puppetserver (v5.3.9) / PuppetDB (v5.2.9) / Puppetboard
(v1.0.0) host with 40 nodes. Everything works perfect. Now I stopped and
deleted 7 nodes. I already cleaned the certs of those 7 nodes. Now I want
to remove those hosts completely from the puppetdb so they won't show up in
puppetboard as "unreported". When I run the command "puppet node deactivate
<nodename>" I get the message:

Error: Server hostname 'v000018.company.ch' did not match server certificate
; expected v000018

running puppet agent -t on this host works without error.

This is my puppet.conf:
[main]
server = v000018
certname = v000018
environment = production
[agent]
server = v000018
[master]
certname = v000018
dns_alt_names = v000018.company.ch
storeconfigs = true
storeconfigs_backend = puppetdb
reports = store,puppetdb
environment = production

This is /etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1   localhost.localdomain localhost v000018 v000018.company.ch
123.45.6.789    v000018 v000018.company.ch

I already tried it with and without fqdn in the hosts file.

Why does it come up with the hostname v000018.company.ch suddenly?
Do I have to sign a cert to the fqdn v000018.company.ch?
Wouldn't that break the configuration of all the other hosts, puppetdb or
puppetboard?