Thank you Dirk.  However the same issue persists.  I even intentionally
updated the site.pp with invalid syntax hoping that consequently, the agent
run would fail and through a error.  The site.pp was updated like so:

node default {}
  include accounts

Agent still runs:

# puppet agent --no-daemonize --verbose --onetime
Info: Using configured environment 'production'
Info: Retrieving pluginfacts
Info: Retrieving plugin
Info: Retrieving locales
Info: Caching catalog for lhcadvdeveye05.xxxxxxx.com
Info: Applying configuration version '1569503223'
Notice: Applied catalog in 0.15 seconds