hey there we have just migrated hundreds of hosts from 3.x to 6.x and
although lots of work we are almost home and dry but have an issue with
puppetdb which I hope can be solved. we are running puppetdb-6.3.4 but when
removing an old node as follows:

puppet node deactivate <nodename>

the information is _not_ getting removed from puppetdb and we have to run
the following sql manually:

delete from catalogs where certname in (select certname from certnames
where deactivated is not null);

this is far from ideal and we really need this functionality to work again
as we have numerous exported resources such as nagios which have to be
removed when decommissioning a host.

please advise if this is a known issue or if we are doing something wrong.

thanks very much and keep up the good work !!