Hey Karsten thank you for your thoughts.

On Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 1:52:12 AM UTC-7, Karsten Heymann wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> I would simply do
>
> class profile::base { include profile::wazuh }
>
> class profile::wazuh (
>   Boolean $manager = False
> ) {
>   if $manager {
>     include profile::wazuh::manager
>   }
>   else {
>     include profiles::wazuh::agent
> }
>
> and be set with it.
>
> Then you don't need the following:
> class role::wazuh::manager { include profile::wazuh::manager }
> because every node already includes profile::wazuh via profile::base

The trouble here is that the way the module works is that a node can only
be a wazuh::agent or wazuh::manager.  If a node had both it would have
duplicate resource definitions.  For example File{'/var/ossec/ossec.conf':}
is used by both the agent and the manager but they're different.

I think I mentioned this in a paragraph I edited out of my original email.