Don't forget the "user", "group" and "owner" parameter. For example, from
one of my manifests :

  -> vcsrepo {'oracle-scripts':
    ensure   => 'latest',
    path     => "${hvs_oracle::oradb::admindir}/oracle-scripts",
    provider => 'git',
    source   => 'ssh://git@git:7999/infra/oracle-scripts.git',
    identity => "${oraclehome}/.ssh/id_ed25519",
    revision => 'master',
    user     => 'oracle',
    owner    => 'oracle',
    group    => 'oinstall',
  }

Owner and groups are the Linux who will clone the repo and need permissions
to create a directory.

Regards