Hi Michael -

Sorry for the inconvenience. We recently marked the agent extension
handlers as internal, as we realize we haven't been updating them, none of
the versions in Azure are supported any longer, and as such their use poses
a security risk. We were also unable to track down more than a couple of
actual users (Microsoft doesn't provide us with any install data), and
weren't aware that marking the installer as internal could pose problems
for existing VMs with the extension installed.

The most recent agents published, Puppet / PupppetAgent 1.5.2 and
PuppetLabs / PuppetEnterpriseAgent 2016.1.2 are both agents from the Puppet
4 series. The Puppet 4 agent went EOL in October of 2018 -
https://ask.puppet.com/question/33472/puppet-4-open-source-end-of-life-eol/.
We have some additional information for PE support lifecycles at
https://puppet.com/docs/puppet-enterprise/product-support-lifecycle/

We recommend that users migrate to using the PE package management support
in their masters to bootstrap agent installs as described in
https://puppet.com/docs/pe/2019.3/installing_agents.html#install_windows_agents_with_pe_package_management

Thanks!

--
*Ethan Brown*