Hello,

I have discovered a weird behavour with the use of templates when using the
@host.puppetmaster parameter.

I have 4 puppetmasters, among them one is the CA. Each puppetmaster is
intended to serve only one environment.
It worked in the past, but I have discovered now that it doesn't work as
intended.
The puppetmaster set in the "edit host" is not used when rendering the
template.

I have 4 foreman-proxies :
proxy A : environment production + puppet CA
proxy B : environment production
proxy C : environment testing
proxy D: environment lab

This way I can spread the load between environments across multiple Puppet
masters, and each puppet master does not need all the "code" repository
from the other environments.

the @host.puppetmaster parameter is expanded correctly for hosts in the lab
environment, but in the testing and production environment, it always
display "proxy A", whatever setting it set on the node.

hammer host info --id 510
Puppet CA Proxy:     Proxy A
Puppet Master Proxy: Proxy C
Cert name:           vmlabybr18.staging.rsvgnw.local
Managed:             yes

I use the default template "kickstart default" which uses
@host.puppetmaster a lot.
I have added some debug code in a "kickstart default custom post" template :

echo "This is the Puppetmaster : <%= @host.puppetmaster %>"

... and this code shows me "Proxy A" instead of "Proxy C". The puppet.conf
is wrongly generated by foreman as a result (template puppet.conf)

Is there a hidden parameter somewhere where Foreman reads the puppetmaster
from ? I can't find anything else than "edit host / Puppet Master" setting.

Any idea ?

Yvan