On 09/09/20 13:53:36, 'Dirk Heinrichs' via Puppet Users wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 09.09.2020, 06:34 -0700 schrieb Marty Ewings:
>
> > https://puppet.com/docs/puppet/6.17/lang_data_sensitive.html
> > You need to "unwrap" the sensitive data in order to consume the
> > original data in a function
>
> Yes, did that, too. And that works. However, the data is then shown in
> clear again (in the diff, or in the command of an exec) , so I gained
> exactly nothing.

The following snippet redacts the content from log output but stores the
cleartext in the resulting
file, thus doing what you are looking for

```
  file { "${home}/.meraki_env":
    ensure  => file,
    owner   => $user,
    group   => $group,
    content => Sensitive("export
MERAKI_DASHBOARD_API_KEY=${dashboard_api_key}"),
    mode    => '0600',
  }
```

Cheers,

Mattias

--
Mattias Giese
Linux Consultant und Trainer

B1 Systems GmbH
GF: Ralph Dehner / Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt, HRB 3537