Hi everyone,

I'm using puppet since some time, and currently we manage all our
infrastructure through puppet.

Almost everything are now inside puppet, all my serveur, monitoring, etc...

When I install a sever I'm using the exported ressources to create
monitoring (icinga2), backup, etc.

The only thing I'm not currently satisfy by puppet is to manage those
object who cannot run puppet by itself.

Let's say a network switch, I need to create a monitoring, or need to
integrate them inside some script (backup config, snmp etc..) Knowing
those backup are manage by puppet.

I've check static yaml file, but that's not very convenient, the file can
be very big (we got ~2000 object cannot run puppet), and because lot of
host need those informations, I need almost to load them in all node.

I ear of consul, who can store key/value, but I don't see lot of exchange
about the use of consul + puppet, so I'm little afraid it's not de best
solution, or some very custom solution.

What would be the best (and can last in time meaning not something too
fancy) to do that. ?

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH