Hi Raghuram,

this cannot be (easily) achieved from a Task, as the Task execution
environment is not Puppet but basically the target's shell.
You can do this from a Bolt Plan however:

   1. In your Bolt module (where your task lives), create a functions
   folder at the root
   2. Place your function in that folder, i.e.f /functions/func1.rb
   3. Namespace the function according to your module name, for example
   mymodule::func1
   4. You can now use the module in a Bolt Plan (under /plans) with
   mymodule::func1(args)

- KevinR