Brad,

There's a problem with the apt repo on apt.puppet.com. We're looking into it
now.

Eric Griswold
Puppet Release Engineering

On 10/11/23 19:53, 'Brad Reaves' via Puppet Users wrote:
Hi all,

I am getting install failures on Jammy when I try to install the puppet-agent
package where apt says the package cannot be found in the repo.

I have tried with both the main apt repo and the nightlies, and with both
"puppet7" and the plain "puppet" (which I presume is the latest from v8.) All
fail.

I'm building images with cloud-init, and the same cloud-init config that fails
on Jammy succeeds on Focal 20.04.

When I manually search through the Packages files on the repo server, I indeed
find a puppet-agent package listed for Focal but not Jammy. I'm running arm64,
but the amd64 package lists seem to have the same problem, so I don't think
this is an "unsupported architecture" issue.

This is not the old issue where Jammy wasn't listed in the install.sh script.
The package name just isn't in the repo, apart from being referenced by other
packages.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a workaround that isn't "use
focal" or "build the agent yourself?"

Thanks!
Brad Reaves
puppet-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:puppet-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/b34922df-12de-4763-be3c-e2104b065e41n%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/b34922df-12de-4763-be3c-e2104b065e41n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
on links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
content is safe.

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments
and notify us immediately.