Hi,

I manage a Debian Mailserver running postfix, amavis and others. I have
service statements in place that should keep the server running.

>From time to time, the service resource does not correctly restart the
amavis service.

if I do service amavis status, the output should be

   Active: active (running)

but it seems to me, when the output is

   Active: active (exited)

my service resource does not work:

service { 'amavis':
        ensure => running
}

active(exited) is the typical state a running postfix is in... I don't
know, why this does not seem to work with amavis. Can anyone please share
some knowledge how to correctly keep amavis running?

Thanks, best
Jochen