Pfuu, that's odd..

So maybe the problem is related to mixing dependencies taken from the
Puppet repository and other taken from the Debian repositories.
Have you added apt.puppetlabs.com as a repository when you done the
installation?

Did you make any puppet server configuration or simply tried to start with
no config?