On 10/17/22 16:29, Dominik Csapak wrote:
high level looks mostly good, a small question:

is there a special reason why we ignore pre-lvm osds here?
AFAICS, we simply error out for osds that don't live on lvm
(though we can add additional types later i guess)

Mainly because with a recent Ceph version, you shouldn't have any pre Bluestore OSDs anymore. With Quincy, they have officially been deprecated. And even before, for quite a few versions, every new OSD would be a bluestore one.

So I did not want to do the work for the old filestore OSDs. Once a new generation of OSDs becomes available, we will need to handle them as well though.

comments in the individual patches