On 4/22/24 15:11, Fiona Ebner wrote:
Am 15.04.24 um 10:50 schrieb Markus Frank:
Added a proxmoxKVComboBox for selecting a vIOMMU implementation for a VM.
If i440fx is selected, another ComboBox will be enabled/visible that does not
have the Intel option, as Intel-vIOMMU is not compatible with i440fx.

just applied both patches here, so i'm replying

Just wondering, is it possible to bind the comboItems instead of having
two different comboboxes?

no thats currently not possible, since the comboitems become a store with
records
changing the comboItems after initialization does not do anything

(we could change that of course, but this is good enough for now imo)

Should we display some hint that Intel can/should also be used even if
you have an AMD? Maybe even just in the text we display, like "Intel
(also used for AMD)" but hope somebody can come up with something better.

mhh.. i mean it is a virtual device, so should we also add this info
for e.g. e1000 devices?

since it's in the advanced section and it is documented in pve-docs,
i'd leave it out here (we can still add a notice later if users
are confused, but most users won't use/need it anyway)