Am 22.11.2012 15:12, schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
Am 22.11.2012 14:41, schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
I see 2 ways :

- snapshot with vmstate. (so pending write in memory are saved).

Does this work with rbd snap?

Yes. (Dietmar has implemented it with creating a rbd volume to store the
vmstate).
Just try with the proxmox gui ;)

I want to mount this exported disk elsewhere - so a memory copy does not help to me.

- implement qemu guest agent qmp protocol ,and send fs-freeze qmp command to
freeze the filesystem, before doing the snapshot.
(I have seny some prelimary patches some months ago, need to be polish)

Patches? this sounds experimental - patches for guest kernel? For qemu?

patches for pve-qemu-server ;)
uh so you mean patches for qemu-server which enable qga? NICE ;-) will search the web.

http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/QAPI/GuestAgent

- First, you need to install qemu-ga deamon in your guest.
- then pass
-chardev qga_proxy,id=qga0 \
  -device virtio-serial \
  -device virtserialport,chardev=qga0,name=org.qemu.guest_agent.0
  -qmp tcp:localhost:4444,server

to kvm command line.

and then implemented the qemu-ga protocol.
(It's like qmp, but with some minor changes in protocol (check the wiki)

Stefan