Hi,

El 19/04/16 a las 21:27, Daniel Hunsaker escribió:
Why is it worth to mention? I would just use:

  win8: 'Microsoft Windows 8/10/2012',

?
as a server virtualization platform, we should list current microsoft
server OS
(which is 2012r2).

MS users like to see their OS listed as supported.

Martin

Since 2012 is offered as a completely separate product from 2012r2 in the
same way 8 and 10 are, not seeing 2012r2 in the list will look like it
isn't (yet) supported.  This feels counterintuitive to those of us in the
Linux world because we don't version and distribute this way, but as MS
does, we have to use their approach for their users.  In fact, the same
logic applies to 8 versus 8.1.  Hopefully the fact 10 is listed will be
enough to indicate 8.1 will work as well.

That said, 2012/r2 *is* enough to communicate that both 2012 and 2012r2 are
supported at that level, even within the MS world.
I think this would be best:

Microsoft Windows 8.x/10/2012[r2]

Also, note how Windows 10 version will be totally different to previous versions (incremental improvements, etc.)

Cheers
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico