On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Alexandre DERUMIER <aderum...@odiso.com> wrote:
>>>Having e.g. LXC working over NFS with ZFS on another server.
>
> Do you want to manage snasphot/clone on the zfs server ?

Yes, the purpose is to use a ZFS-based storage on multiple nodes
without iscsi. I don't know if Proxmox VE LXC is going to work, but
"normal" ZFS filesystems via NFS work on "normal" LXC on Jessie. I'm
running a few LXC containers on my Pi this way.

> if yes, I think it not too diffcult to add nfs support to zfsplugin.
> But I'm not sure how to manage nfs exports on target server. (maybe they are
> differents implementation (solaris, freebsd,...).
> Don't known if we can define a global nfs share, then automount sub nfs
> directory by zfs volume. (I manage them like this with netapp)

ZFS can share filesystems automatically via NFS. You only need to have
one 'dummy' entry in /etc/exports on Debian to get the NFS server
started. Afterwards it'll automatically share over the NFS server with
the option sharenfs. On Solaris, you will not have a problem at all.
Just use sharenfs on ZFS and you're good to go.