>>But you already mange subnets and allocation pools in subnets.cfg, so what it
>>the purpose
>>of those ipam plugins? I am unable to see the point? Keeping those
>>reservations in sync
>>looks hard to me.

do you mean sync between dhcp && ipam ?

I'm more thinking about static dhcp reservation (mac/ip).
user take an ip from ipam, put it on the vm, and the dhcp config with mac/ip is
generated.

for dynamic dhcp (if we really want it, maybe for nat ?), this should be done
without ipam
registration. maybe on a dedicated subnet.